RTO stands for Regional Transport Officer. The main functions of an RTO are to issue driving licenses, registration certificates, and permits. They also collect taxes and enforce traffic rules.
What is RTO meaning in Telugu?
- The meaning of RTO in Telugu language is ప్రాంతీయ రవాణా అధికారి.
- You can also say Prāntīya ravāṇā adhikāri in Telugu slang.
Pronunciation of RTO
In Telugu, this acronym is pronounced as “ah-roo-toh”. It is the administrative body that regulates transport in a particular region.
More meanings of RTO in Telugu
- RTO is an abbreviation for “registration, title, and license.” It’s a process that new car buyers in Telangana have to go through to officially register their vehicle.
- The RTO meaning in Telugu is రెగ్యు లైన్ (reggi lain), which translates to “registration line.”
- In order to obtain an RTO, new car buyers must first submit an application form with the required documents. These include the vehicle’s registration certificate, proof of insurance, and a valid driver’s license.
- Once the application is approved, the buyer will be issued an RTO number, which must be displayed on the vehicle at all times.
Responsibilities of RTO
An RTO is responsible for issuing various types of licenses, such as learner’s license, driving licenses, conductor’s licenses, and vehicle registration certificate. They also issue permit to drive vehicles in a specified region. The validity of these licenses and permits varies from one state to another.
More functions of RTO
An RTO also collects taxes on behalf of the government. These taxes include road tax, passenger tax, and goods tax. They use these funds to maintain roads and develop infrastructure. In addition, they also enforce traffic rules and regulations.